As featured on
SPOKANE, Wash. - It was one horrible crime, but two very different beliefs of how it went down. Police suspect the victim, 13-year-old Russell Evans, was run over by a hit and run driver. His body was found in the middle of the road. Some believe it was an accident and the driver fled the scene. Others say this was something much more sinister. "He was just a kid, he didn't deserve to die in the street," said Russell's cousin Chris Rosenau.
Currently in Spokane
- PICTURES: Officials call it the "thunderstorm of a decade," here are pictures KHQ viewers have taken
- BLM protesters and armed Idahoans working together to make sure protest does not get hijacked
- KHQ EXCLUSIVE: "It was just the right thing to do": Spokane man stops looters at Nike store break-in
- Gov. Inslee activates National Guard in response to protests in Seattle
- 30 more COVID-19 cases confirmed, Spokane Co. Health Officer says phase 3 entry "very unlikely" in two weeks
- Curfew enacted for downtown Spokane until 5am, Sheriff requests assistance from the National Guard
- FOUND: Wapato Police find 3-year-old and her father who is suspected of taking her
- Prepare for severe thunderstorms tonight
- National Weather Service issues watches and warnings for Inland Northwest
- EXCLUSIVE: Video seen by hundreds of thousands of KHQ viewers helps ID man with Molotov cocktail at Sunday riots
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
KHQ Breaking News Alerts
Receive breaking news emails from KHQ Local News
KHQ Daily Weather
Daily weather forecasts from the KHQ Weather Authority
KHQ Daily e-Newsletter
Get the latest news, weather, sports and information from the region's top local news source.