As featured on
SPOKANE, Wash. - It was one horrible crime, but two very different beliefs of how it went down. Police suspect the victim, 13-year-old Russell Evans, was run over by a hit and run driver. His body was found in the middle of the road. Some believe it was an accident and the driver fled the scene. Others say this was something much more sinister. "He was just a kid, he didn't deserve to die in the street," said Russell's cousin Chris Rosenau.
Currently in Spokane
- KHQ Investigates: Why was an Airway Heights Corrections inmate housed in the same cell as his sister's rapist?
- HELP ME HAYLEY: Spokane woman finds odd credit mark while trying to buy home
- North Idaho restaurants share frustration over customers' rude behavior regarding COVID restrictions
- Inslee extends pause on counties reopening, gives more guidance on new restrictions
- Man claims self defense in deadly North Spokane shooting
- Spokane County tops another one-day record of new coronavirus cases with 146 reported today
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Lake Coeur d'Alene plane crash that killed 8
- Implementation of new requirements for comprehensive sexual education suspended
- Spokane County leaders offer message of support ahead of Inslee's new regulations
- 1 Marine dead, 2 injured, 8 missing after vehicle accident
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
KHQ Breaking News Alerts
Receive breaking news emails from KHQ Local News
KHQ Daily Weather
Daily weather forecasts from the KHQ Weather Authority
KHQ Daily e-Newsletter
Get the latest news, weather, sports and information from the region's top local news source.