SPOKANE - Firefighters put out an apartment fire that started on a second floor apartment Wednesday night at the Regal Heights apartment complex.
Firefighters say the apartment fire started on a balcony and flames worked their way up to the third floor. Firefighters were able to put out the flames quickly and safely.
One person sustained non-life threatening burn injuries and they were able to get the cat out safely.
Thursday morning, Spokane County Fire District 8 said they were able to contain the fire to the origin, saving the rest of the apartment complex.
SCFD8 added that two dogs were rescued and four people were treated on scene for minor injuries and smoke inhalation.
In all, 2 dogs rescued and 4 civilians treated on scene for minor injuries & smoke inhalation by Fire/Medics. Fire under investigation— Spokane Co.FD8 Firefighters (@spokaneco8_3711) April 25, 2019