SPOKANE, Wash - A Spokane man has a few extra numbers in his bank account today after a surprise visit from Publishers Clearing House.
William McGunagle and his wife Kat were out shopping Friday morning when the Publishers Clearing House Prize patrol arrived.
When the couple returned home a short time later there was a giant million-dollar check with his name on it.
McGunagle was beyond shocked and said right away he will use some of the money to restore his vintage Mustang.
The winning couple also might take a trip to California to visit family.
For your chance to win $1 Million dollars, Enter the $1,000,000 Great American Sweepstakes HERE.
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT SATURDAY ELEVATIONS BELOW 4000 FEET... * WHAT...High temperatures warming into the upper 90s and triple digits Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon. * WHERE...Portions of North and North Central Idaho. Portions of Central, East Central, North Central, Northeast, and Southeast Washington. * WHEN...Until 8 PM PDT Saturday. * IMPACTS...Hot temperatures in the day. Increasingly warm overnight temperatures by the weekend. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Friday and Saturday will likely be the hottest days of this heat event. Many lowland locations are expected to reach 100 degrees or more Friday and Saturday afternoon. The afternoon heat combined with unusually warm overnight temperatures Friday night and Saturday night will make it difficult for residents without air conditioners to control the build up of heat within their homes. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. &&
Currently in Spokane
99°F / 63°F
- Police investigating deadly plane crash at Lewiston-Nez Perce County Regional Airport, pilot identified
- I-90 overwhelmed with traffic in both directions
- Two injured, one dead after Saturday evening crash
- Suspect on the loose after shooting wife and her daughter in Airway Heights
- Crews responding to a wildfire near Washington-Idaho state line
- Police arrest Airway Heights shooting suspect
- Man wearing yellow sundress steals school bus in Chelan County
- Following nine hour standoff in South Perry District, 12-time felon taken into custody
- Hazard Hill Fire in the Wandermere area grows to 120 acres, Level 3 evacuations downgraded
- Multiple fires sparked up on Friday, prompting evacuations in parts of North Idaho and Eastern Washington
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.