...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT SATURDAY... * WHAT...Afternoon temperatures in the upper 90s to 105 degrees Saturday. * WHERE...Portions of North and North Central Idaho. Portions of Central, East Central, North Central, Northeast, and Southeast Washington. * WHEN...Until 8 PM PDT Saturday. * IMPACTS...The afternoon heat combined with unusually warm overnight temperatures will make it difficult for residents without air conditioners to control the build up of heat within their homes. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances. Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. &&
Currently in Spokane
103°F / 64°F
- Police investigating deadly plane crash at Lewiston-Nez Perce County Regional Airport, pilot identified
- I-90 overwhelmed with traffic in both directions
- Two injured, one dead after Saturday evening crash
- Suspect on the loose after shooting wife and her daughter in Airway Heights
- Crews responding to a wildfire near Washington-Idaho state line
- Police arrest Airway Heights shooting suspect
- Man wearing yellow sundress steals school bus in Chelan County
- Following nine hour standoff in South Perry District, 12-time felon taken into custody
- Hazard Hill Fire in the Wandermere area grows to 120 acres, Level 3 evacuations downgraded
- Multiple fires sparked up on Friday, prompting evacuations in parts of North Idaho and Eastern Washington
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.