If you're planning on heading to the west side of the state (or perhaps you're reading this from the west side! If so, hello!Thanks for stopping by!), for Thanksgiving and are wondering when the best times to travel would be, the Washington State Department of Transportation has made it easy for you.
WSDOT has outlined when you can expect Snoqualmie Pass to be heavily congested from both directions and which times are best to travel.
Take a look through the slideshow above (MOBILE USERS CLICK HERE) to plan out your travel time.
WSDOT also recommends these tips:
Tips for stress-free holiday travel include:
- Consult WSDOT’s travel times charts, which use historical information to help drivers know before they go.
- Check out online tools, including mobile apps, traffic cameras and email alerts.
- Visit our online traveler information about traffic, weather and ferry schedules.
- Follow WSDOT’s social media accounts, such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Pre-program 530 AM and 1610 AM to vehicle radios for highway advisory radio alerts.
- Carry chains and other winter driving essentials.
- Check current chain and traction requirements on the WSDOT passes website or by calling 5-1-1, and watch for highway advisory signs.
- Leave extra time for holiday and winter travel, slow down and drive appropriately for conditions.
On the road or in the air, here are some other travel sites you will find useful: