UPDATE APRIL 7, 11:21 A.M.
Shoshone County Sherriff's Office has released that the KHS student was found in medical distress at around 12:52 a.m. yesterday by deputies and family.
Deputies performed life-saving measures and CPR on the student.
Soon after, the student was taken by Life-Flight to Kootenai Medical Center.
Around 5:16 p.m., the student succumbed to his injuries.
KELLOGG, Wash. - A Kellogg High School student passed away yesterday, April 6. Details about the incident have not been released.
The Kellogg School District (KHS) reports that more information about the incident will be released through law enforcement.
KHS also said there was a second incident at KHS yesterday involving a skateboarding incident. A student was injured but is now recovering.
KHS has district professionals, counselors, and clergy members from around the area there today to help staff and students process the event.
We will update the story as more information is released.
Currently in Spokane
51°F / 25°F
- Colville senior football player taken off life support
- BREAKING: Man in custody after women found dead and 5-year-old severely injured
- Amusement Park Panic: What’s in the proposal for the west shore of Flathead Lake?
- Gov. Inslee updates criteria for counties to stay in Phase 3
- Concerns surrounding new cases and restrictions in Spokane County
- UPDATE: Kellogg High School student passes away after incident on April 6
- Nearly half of new US virus infections are in just 5 states
- UPDATE: Missing 12-year-old boy from Spokane Valley found safe
- Mask requirement protest expected at Lake City High School Friday morning
- Inslee to announce possible new COVID restrictions Monday
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.