UPDATE: Search For Rachael Anderson Comes Up Empty

UPDATE:  LEWISTON, Idaho (AP) - The latest search of the Snake River for the body of a Washington state woman whose former husband is charged with killing her has come up empty.

The Lewiston Tribune reports the search that ended Saturday included the U.S. Coast Guard and officials from Washington state and Idaho.

Rachael Anderson, a 40-year-old mother of four from Clarkston, Washington, was in the process of getting a divorce when she disappeared April 16, 2010.

Authorities said 52-year-old Charles A. Capone lured her to a Moscow auto repair shop he owned, where he drugged and killed her.

Capone's attorney contends there's no evidence of Anderson's death in Idaho, leaving authorities with speculation and conjecture.

Capone has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder. His trial is scheduled to start June 23.


LEWISTON, Idaho (AP) - The U.S. Coast Guard has joined the search of the Snake River near Clarkston, Wash., for the body of a Lewiston woman who has been missing since April 2010.


Asotin County (Wash.) Sheriff Ken Brancroft tells KLEW-TV that a fisherman pulled up an anchor and something wrapped in a tarp came up with it before breaking free. Bancroft says that information helped narrow the search for the body of Rachael Anderson.


Anderson's estranged husband, Charles Capone, faces trial on a first-degree murder charge in March.


Capone's co-defendant, David Stone, has pleaded guilty to failing to notify law enforcement about Anderson's death. Information obtained during plea negotiations led to November searches of the river west of Clarkston.


Officials say the current search will continue through Wednesday, if necessary.



 - On Monday search crews set out again along the Snake River near Clarkston to look for the remains of Rachael Anderson. The search, which will continue at least through Wednesday, is being conducted by the Asotin County Sheriff's Office with the assistance of the Asotin County Fire District, the Nez Perce County Sheriff's Office and the United States Coast Guard.

Boaters are being asked to stay clear of search boats working in the area near Red Wolf Bridge.   Anderson has been missing since April 16 2010. Anderson petitioned for divorce after alleging her husband, Charles A. Capone, strangled and shoved her. The estranged ex husband of Rachael Anderson, Charles Capone is expected to be tried for her murder in March.

Capone maintains his innocence. Capone's alleged accomplice, David Stone was released from jail in late December after posting a $25,000 bond. Stone was also charged with Anderson's murder but accepted a plea deal late last year which reduced his charges. In exchange for information leading to the whereabouts to Anderson's body.