...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING... * WHAT...Dangerously hot conditions Friday through at least Wednesday. Triple digit heat will develop in central Washington Friday and spread into eastern Washington over the weekend. * WHERE...Portions of North and North Central Idaho. Portions of Central, East Central, North Central, Northeast, and Southeast Washington. * WHEN...From Friday afternoon through Wednesday evening. * IMPACTS...Several days of triple digit heat and unusually warm overnight temperatures will make it difficult to control the build up of heat in homes without air conditioning. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...This will likely be an historic heat wave. Chances are good that many long standing records will be broken during this upcoming heat wave. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Monitor the latest forecasts and warnings for updates on this situation. Be prepared to drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air- conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. &&
Currently in Spokane
91°F / 67°F
- Gov. Inslee to rescind three COVID-19 related proclamations ahead of June 30 reopening
- Coroner rules official cause and manner of daredevil Alex Harvill's death
- Seven people injured in north Spokane apartment fire, one flown to Harborview in critical condition
- Spokane woman succumbs to injuries following Montana motorcycle crash
- Driver in fatal Tuesday morning crash identified, charged with vehicular manslaughter
- Friends asking for help after Spokane mother nearly loses it all in Saturday fire
- Shots fired in downtown Spokane, police investigating
- WATCH: Spokane firefighters save child and dog from north Spokane apartment fire
- Former Spokane Shock kicker making houses, businesses out of shipping containers
- Guinness World Records releases statement about death of Alex Harvill
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.