The disappearance of an Idaho boy and his teenage sister last year has led to the arrest of their mother in Hawaii, a major development in a bizarre case that spans multiple states, includes three mysterious deaths and touches on the mother’s doomsday beliefs.
Lori Vallow, 46, also known as Lori Daybell, was arrested Thursday on an Idaho warrant and was being held on $5 million bail, according to police on the island of Kauai. Vallow has been charged with two felony counts of child abandonment that can carry a prison sentence of up to 14 years.
Currently in Spokane
- Spokane County has 10 more confirmed COVID-19 cases, bringing 5-day total to 78
- Three ways Spokane Public Schools classrooms could look in Fall 2020
- 30 more COVID-19 cases confirmed, Spokane Co. Health Officer says phase 3 entry "very unlikely" in two weeks
- UPDATE: Four transported to hospital after a three motorcycle crash on I-90 east of CdA
- NorthTown, Spokane Valley malls set to reopen on Tuesday
- Yakima woman tells her story of survival after being kidnapped and shot
- Here is a list of restaurants that are open for business
- Total confirmed COVID-19 cases in Spokane County surpasses 500; About 67% recovered
- Washington officials confirm state's first sighting of Giant Asian Hornet in 2020
- Silverwood Theme Park & Boulder Beach opening this weekend with COVID-19 measures in place
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
KHQ Breaking News Alerts
Receive breaking news emails from KHQ Local News
KHQ Daily Weather
Daily weather forecasts from the KHQ Weather Authority
KHQ Daily e-Newsletter
Get the latest news, weather, sports and information from the region's top local news source.