Political Party: Democratic
Education: University of Washington (BA), New York University School of Law (JD)
Spouse: Married to Colleen, father of 4 year-old twins Jack and Katie
Religion: Bob and his family are active in St. Catherine's Church;
Date of Birth: February 23, 1965
Law clerk in Spokane for Chief Judge Nielsen of the Federal District Court of Eastern Washington, law clerk for Judge Bright of the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals, and attorney at Preston, Gates & Ellis, one of Washington's leading law firms. Elected three terms to the King County Council; unanimously elected Chair by colleagues to lead the legislative branch; Law and Justice Committee Chair; 3-time Budget Chair.
Please describe your top 5 priorities if elected Attorney General:
1) Protect seniors, families, and small business owners from powerful special interests that break the rules.
2) Partner with law enforcement to prevent gang violence, crack down on identity theft, and prosecute sexual predators to the fullest extent of the law.
3) Stand up for our veterans by creating a Veterans Division in the Office of Attorney General to handle the unique consumer protection needs of our veterans and help them access their benefits.
4) Protect our environment by creating an Environmental Crimes Task Force to prosecute polluters.
5) Defend the laws protecting women's rights.