Nominate a Teacher
The Teacher of the Month program is simple in design: students write letters telling why their teacher is outstanding. Students can nominate his or her favorite teacher simply by writing a letter and mailing it to:
Department of Education E.W.U.
312 Williamson Hall Cheney, WA 99004
From these heartfelt messages, one teacher is selected each month to be recognized for his/her contribution to the education of children.
- 4 people, including one in Spokane, sickened in statewide Salmonella outbreak
- Spokane climber among North Face group likely killed by Banff avalanche
- Meredith Vieira talks about her son, and former KHQ reporter Gabe Cohen's recent engagement
- Pregnant teacher to be laid off by Spokane Public Schools, unsure of future
- Mead School District budget shortfall recommendations include more than 70 positions cut, program closures
- Spokane man sentenced to 30 days in jail for lewd conduct with 15-year-old girl
- Naked toddler in Florida IHOP parking lot leads authorities to passed out adults
- Random customers have been buying this WWII veteran's breakfast in Post Falls every day for at least three years
- Washington deputy killed in line of duty identified as WSU grad, former Whitman County deputy Justin DeRosier
- Spokane Police say missing 12-year-old boy has been found safe.