A Greyhound bus driver abandoned his bus during a pit stop and left his passengers stranded for hours.
Roughly three hours into a trip from Dallas, a Phoenix-bound bus pulled over for what was supposed to be a 20 minute pit-stop in Abilene, Texas. When twenty minutes turned into two hours, passengers grew suspicious and began calling Greyhound for answers.
In the end the group was stranded for nearly nine hours before the company was able to find a replacement driver. One passenger did say that a Greyhound representative bought everyone on the bus lunch while they waited. However, he is still hoping for a full refund.
As featured on
Currently in Spokane
- Individual who tested positive for COVID-19 being held in Spokane County Jail after refusing to self-isolate
- "I can shoot you": South Hill bystanders draw guns on suspected shoplifter
- Two more Spokane eateries temporarily closing down after positive COVID tests
- Refusal to wear a mask is grounds for refusal of service in Washington
- City Council unanimously rejects Spokane Police Guild contract
- Hauser Lake man drowns on Spokane River after kayak overturns; Children wearing life jackets able to make it to shore
- Spokane County sees new record daily COVID-19 case total with 79 confirmed Monday
- WSP: 21-year-old Spokane woman killed in early morning DUI crash
- "You never think something like this could happen": Man drowns while tubing on Spokane River
- Brazen burglar robs Spokane home while family slept ‘30 feet away’
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
KHQ Breaking News Alerts
Receive breaking news emails from KHQ Local News
KHQ Daily Weather
Daily weather forecasts from the KHQ Weather Authority
KHQ Daily e-Newsletter
Get the latest news, weather, sports and information from the region's top local news source.